The CANEUS Organization is pleased to welcome your proposal to host a CANEUS Conference. CANEUS Conferences are unlike any others in that they provide attendees with tangible, measurable deliverables. These events offer an exceptional opportunity for the creation of continuous, smoothly functioning technology development “pipelines” for transitioning emerging Micro and Nano Technology (MNT) concepts to Aerospace systems. In order to overcome the Darwinian odds facing the transition of MNT concepts through the technology “Valley of Death,” CANEUS will unite the developer, user, and funding communities under one roof. The impressive list of speakers and attendees include world-renowned scientists, engineers, program managers, investors and policy-makers from the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia.
Given the ambitious nature of the CANEUS Conferences, potential host sites are carefully evaluated by the CANEUS Board of Directors before a selection is made. Bidding host organizations are therefore encouraged to submit a comprehensive Hosting/Management Proposal in to the CANEUS Board of Directors for evaluation.
The following points will assist the bidding organization in making their proposal to the CANEUS Organization to host the CANEUS 2008 Conference. It is standard procedure that prospective venue candidates include in their proposal the following:
- Agreement to CANEUS Organization Technical Program fee of $50K USD for use of CANEUS name, contacts and resources (part of the overall conference budget)
- Proposed date, alternative date.
- Proposed location, considering attractiveness to potential invitees from around the globe
- List of hotels and availability for proposed date
- List of committed sponsors and amounts committed
- Identify Local Organizational Team and their responsibilities
- Proposed special events/ industrial visits
- Proposed gala dinner event location
- Promotional plan, responsibilities and schedule
- Individuals/organizations responsible for the selling of exhibition booths
- Proposed budget and profit split
- Individuals responsible for the general administration, including registration
- Master schedule
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions regarding the bidding procedure. Thank you for your interest, and we are greatly looking forward to receiving your proposal!
Last updated: 2/25/2015
Milind Pimprikar, Chairman, CANEUS Selection Committee